About the Project
The purpose of this project was to design a library for an existing space in Vancouver. This project challenges our space management and distribution skills, and more importantly our idea generation skills, as we were required to include a number of spaces (such as a library, exhibition space, and auditorium) in a very narrow site. The precedents who inspired our designs include Zaha Hadid and Tadao Ando. Each parts to this project were completed under 1 week.
For the second part of this project, we decided on the final design of our space and, additionally, the exterior facade of our building. We began on the modelling of our space in 3D to provide a better visualization of our design while demonstrating scale. We also integrated objects and people into our space to demonstrate how each segment of our space is used.
Click on images to enlarge.
- Design ideas
- Contributed ideas to the design of our space
- Contributed to the sketching of our design ideas
- 3D modeling
- Contributed as a modeler for parts of our 3D building
- Contributed to the lighting of our 3D scenes
- Photo-manipulation work on 3D renders
- Touched-up on flawed areas of renders, such as light leaks in between objects and unintended gaps between objects
- Textured the walls of our 3D model
- Contributed to the integration of scale people and miscellaneous features including furniture and lighting
- Constructed views through the windows from inside the 3D building with location photos
- Integrated 3D model of building into photo of actual site